For most of us, makeup is part of our daily routine to help us enhance our features and beauty. We often use a foundation or concealer to hide any imperfections or blemishes. However, we do not have to put on so much makeup to look flawlessly good because the greatest foundation out there is having a great skincare. That is why in this article, we are here to learn the tips and tricks in keeping our skin healthy and bright while wearing makeup every day.
- Remember to remove your make up at night – Wearing blush, lipstick, and a full-face foundation all day long may help enhance your looks. However, if you leave it on your face for too long, trust us, it’s going to have an opposite reaction. That is why at the end of the day, do not forget to allow your skin to breathe and remove your makeup. You can wash your face, use gentle makeup remover, cleansers, wipes, delicate and organic soaps, and follow it up with a moisturizer.
- Keep your hands off your face – Always try to refrain from touching your face. Our hands pick up so much bacteria, and every time we feel, rub, scrub, and lean on our face, we are exposing it to all of the dirt that is onto it. This bacteria can result into stubborn spots and bumps. If you really need to touch your face, remember to wash your hands first using a bar of soap or spray some alcohol on it.
- Do not forget to do your regular skincare routine – It does not matter if you wear makeup every day, as long as you do not fail to do your daily skincare routine. Once you’re done removing all your makeup, make sure to do your skincare routine after. Cleaning, toning, and moisturizing will surely keep your skin looking young, fresh, and healthy.
- Be mindful of all the kind of makeup products you’re using – If you know that makeup will be a part of your daily life, you must pay attention to the brands and kinds of products available in the market. From the foundation to lipstick, you must choose the product with a good quality and especially the one that suits your skin type. Choosing the right product also means knowing your skin type; this will help you big time in selecting the product that will serve you better. One bit of advice, be very careful when buying cheap and counterfeit products.
- Do not forget to clean your makeup brushes and blenders – We use several brushes and blenders to apply makeup on your face. However, most of us sometimes forget to pay attention to them and leave them as they are after we use them. A lot can happen after we put them away, such as unwanted dirt and bacteria buildup. So while taking care of your skin and being mindful about the products you use, do not forget to take care of your makeup tools.
- Be aware of your makeup’s expiry dates – From the foundation to lipstick and makeup brushes, all these products have their expiry dates. That is why in order for you to avoid any unwanted effects such as pimples and bumps, you must be mindful about the expiry dates of the products that you’re using, even if you haven’t used it all up. Keep in mind that makeup products have chemicals in them, and over time, these chemicals stop working. This can cause a harmful interaction among other makeups and also with your skin.