Knowing your skin type is extremely necessary because every ingredient in a product could cause a different reaction to your skin. Primarily, there five skin types – normal, dry, oily, sensitive, and combination. Below are some of the ways to determine what skin type you have.
1. Normal Skin Type: Normal skin type is neither too dry or oily. Usually, people who have a normal skin type has a balanced production of sebum and good circulation of blood.
How to Determine a Normal Skin?
- No blemishes
- Few to no breakouts
- Smooth texture
- No sensitivity
- Fine pores
2. Dry Skin Type: Dry skin types are determined by a rough and flaky texture. Most of the time, dry skin can feel tight. It is also prone for irritation.
How to Determine a Dry Skin?
- Uneven texture
- Skin feels tight
- Flaky and rough
3. Oily Skin Type: Oily skin type has a greasy appearance. Oily skins are usually the result of excess production of sebum. Because of this, this skin type is mostly prone for acne breakout.
How to Determine an Oily Skin?
- Big or open pores
- Greasy appearance
- Prone to acne breakouts
4. Sensitive Skin Type: Sensitive skin types are those skin that easily and adversely reacts to ingredients of a new product. Also, if your skin easily flushes with spicy foods, you’ll most likely to know that you have a sensitive skin.
How to Determine a Sensitive Skin?
- Easily reacts to new skincare products
- Feels itchy while or after wearing tight clothes
- Oily in summers and Dry in winters
- Skin feels tight and itchy
- Flushes easily or redden easily
5. Combination Skin Type: This skin type is a mixture of both oily and dry skin.
How to Determine a Combination Skin?
- Dry cheeks and Oily T-zone
- Sensitive skin in cheeks
- Breakouts only occurs in nose, chin, and forehead\
Mineral Make-Up for All Skin Types
Now that you have an idea about the different types of skin, you’ll most likely know what type of products are good for your skin. While it is good to take fresh juice in the morning or eat fruits and vegetables to maintain a good and healthy skin, it is also better to visit a dermatologist. Experts can tell you what specific ingredients your skin is allergic to or what ingredient is harmful for your skin. With that, you can now easily choose what cosmetic products you are to buy the next time you go to a cosmetic center.
However, if you are still unsure of what type of cosmetic to buy, you can always take products that are made out of minerals. These types of products are also known as mineral make-up or cosmetic
Mineral make-up are those cosmetic products that are made of natural occurring ingredients like iron oxide, iron, titanium dioxide, mica, among many others which are mined from the Earth. Afterward, these ingredients were ground into fine powders or foundations. Mineral makeup is considered as 100% pure and free from all organic dyes, fragrances, or allergens.
Moreover, mineral make-up has no recorded side-effects. Unlike the traditional cosmetics that contain chemicals and other pore-logging oils, mineral make-up is entirely pure and natural. In fact, it is also a good alternative for traditional make-up, since it has several benefits to offer. In addition to that, cosmetics products that contain minerals are also easy and light to apply, yet chemical-free and long-lasting.
Most importantly, mineral make-up is suitable to all skin types. So, whatever skin types you have, your best option are the mineral-based products. Here are some of the benefits of mineral cosmetics:
- Mineral cosmetic products are free from fillers, preservatives, and chemicals.
- It provides good coverage that is suitable for all skin types, even for those people that has sensitive skin.
- It also helps to those who are suffering from eczema, or acne breakouts. Ingredients in a mineral cosmetic product are usually non comedogenic, meaning, it does not intend to aggravate or produce acne breakout.
- Mineral cosmetic is also anti-inflammatory. It is gentle and safe to use even after chemical peels.
- Lastly, mineral make-up is free from chemicals and other additives. It is versatile as it can be used as lip gloss, eye shadow, mascara, body shimmers, and many more.